Working in partnership ‘to make a difference’ is important to us at Park Brow School.We are continually looking for areas to support Parents and Carers with their child’s learning. We will update the following page as courses come to an end or new courses are added. Miss Rossin (Year 1) and Mrs McLoughlin (Nursery) are our Parent/Carer school leaders in this area and will be leading this aspect of our School Development Plan for 2016/17.
Our Family Literacy Group had fun at Delamere Forest. Look who they bumped into!
Please contact us if you would like to be part of our PTFA or join our Volunteer Reader Pool.
Courses for 2016 /17 will be updated weekly. Miss Rossin will be able to help with any questions. Below are the planned courses for this term.
- Solihull Training –Begins 10th January 2017 at 1:45pm.( please see Mrs Burke our Learning Mentor). This course will help you to understand how your child’s brain develops and how to support your child through their time at home and in school. Delivered by Family Learning Team.
- Family Literacy This course is aimed at Reception Parents, beginning in the Spring Term 2017 on January 12th 1:45pm. It is an opportunity to further your knowledge of your child’s Literacy skills. Not only do you have the opportunity to spend quality time with your child in school but it is an ideal way to meet other Parents. This course is delivered by the Family Learning Team and Mrs McLoughlin (Nursery).
- Brush up your Maths. This course is aimed at Parents and builds on our Autumn Term ‘Maths Fun Sessions.’ Beginning in the Spring Term 2017 on Thursday 12th January at 9:15am. Come and support your child with their Numeracy Skills.
- Understanding the New Maths Curriculum. A fun session led my Mr James (Deputy Headteacher and Maths Lead). Mr James will share our school calculation policy. This course is a must for all Key Stage 2 Parents.
- Fun with Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar. A fun session led my Mrs Smythe (English Lead) and Miss Swinburn (Deputy Headteacher). They will share our spelling policy in a fun and enaging way. This course is a must for all Key Stage 2 Parents.
- Junior Librarian. A fun session led my Mrs Smythe (English Lead). Mrs Smythe will share with you how you can encourge your child’s reading with our online library system. Write book reviews, search the library and monitor your child’s reading patterns. This course is a must for all Key Stage 2 Parents.