At Park Brow we believe Art can enrich all other areas of the curriculum by adding a practical approach to learning. Children become aesthetically aware of their surroundings and can be involved in how they look. They learn to make informed judgements and practical decisions. They learn how art has influenced the way in which people live and how it communicates different periods of history and is a means of learning about different cultures.
Our Creative Curriculum is…
- Underpinned by clear aims, values and purpose
- Develops the whole person – knowledge, skills, understanding and attitudes
- Broad, balanced and has clear progression in subject knowledge and skills
- Filled with rich first-hand purposeful experiences
- Flexible and responsive to individual needs and interests
- Embeds the principle of sustainability
- Has an eye on the future and the needs of future citizens
- Encourages the use of environments and expertise beyond the classroom
- Makes meaningful links between areas of knowledge across the curriculum and the major issues of our timetable
- Has a local, national and international dimension
- Considers Time, Place, space, people and technology
Our Art Curriculum enables pupils…
- To develop an enjoyment of creative art and see themselves as artists.
- To be able to express their own ideas, through art and give meaning to the world around them.
- To be able to use a range of materials, tools and techniques at a comfortable level for them.
- To be able to be critical in evaluating their own and other people’s work, giving an opinion on what they think might improve the piece of work.
- To develop an awareness of how art relates to other areas and the influence it has upon the world in which we live.