At Park Brow Primary School we believe that Religious Education is concerned to enable pupils to become aware of religious aspects of life and to give them some knowledge and understanding of Christianity and the other major world faiths. The content is concerned with the beliefs and religious practices of people and what these can mean for these people as they live out their lives. It aims to develop skills and some understanding of religious ideas. Religious Education is also concerned with the search for meaning and purpose in life by both believers and by the pupils themselves. We help the children learn from religions as well as about religions.
Park Brow curriculum aims:
- Underpinned by clear aims, values and purpose
- Develops the whole person – knowledge, skills, understanding and attitudes
- Broad, balanced and has clear progression in subject knowledge and skills
- Filled with rich first-hand purposeful experiences
- Flexible and responsive to individual needs and interests
- Embeds the principle of sustainability
- Has an eye on the future and the needs of future citizens
- Encourages the use of environments and expertise beyond the classroom
- Makes meaningful links between areas of knowledge across the curriculum and the major issues of our timetable
- Has a local, national and international dimension
- Considers time, place, space, people and technology.